|Reference #||20-00253||Title||Sr. System Administrator|
|Position Type||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level||Right to Hire|
|Start Date / End Date||20-04-2020 --- 20-07-2020|
3-6 month contract to hire. See attached job description for full details.
Our Client's Cloud Operations division is looking for a self-motivated and self-driven Cloud Administrator who is passionate about what they do and loves technology. This individual will be responsible for the day to day operation of our vmware hyper-converged infrastructures, Public and Private Cloud environments to include maintaining system availability, security, system patching, Active Directory/GPO modifications, network connectivity, and backup processes.
This position is required to provide IT technical and Cloud support for Arizona Department of Administration. This position will provide 1st and 2nd tier server support for on-prem and cloud solutions. This position is responsible for server administration, system availability, backups, maintenance, system updates and upgrades. This position supports multiple platforms and applications, including AWS technologies, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft SCCM, patch management, vulnerability remediation, Active Directory, Web servers, certificate management and other systems as assigned.
What will I be doing in this job?
- Server support, updating, maintaining, tuning and troubleshooting server infrastructure
- Implementing software patches, security fixes, and tests and validating modified system configurations
- Conducting server backup regularly to ensure data is copied/protected for an event of data loss or as needed
- Monitoring system reliability and availability
- Security and Vulnerability Remediation - Ensuring compliance with standards for systems software and documentation
What does this job require?
- Must have previous experience and Microsoft Windows Server including Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, IIS, management and configuration of Windows group policies, monitoring and system backup software
- Preferred experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure, and Powershell scripting
- Computer / Network troubleshooting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Able to analyze, evaluate and draw conclusions
- Able to interact with government personnel and build relationships at all levels and across all business units and organizations
- Able to communicate effectively with the IT organization, project, and application development teams, management and business personnel
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree or 3 or more years of experience in systems administration (or equivalent experience)
- Cloud or Vmware certifications are preferred
Licenses and Certifications?
- Driving is required for State Business.
- Employees who drive on state business require possession of and the ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment.
2-3 years of experience working with native Azure or AWS technologies to include EC2, S3, VPC, Direct Connect, Elasticbeanstalk, RDS implementations and NAT GW's. Deploying and manage workloads in approved State Agency Public and Private cloud infrastructures.
Strong system administration skills with Windows and Linux-based operating systems. Experience in identifying and re-mediating Windows and Linux Vulnerabilities. Maintain system availability, performance, and utilization of our hosted Cloud and Hyper-Converged infrastructures.