|Reference #||19-00802||Title||Project Manager/Business|
|Start Date / End Date||06-01-2020 --- 30-12-2020|
prefer phone screens followed by in person interviews
The position duties include:
- Serve as Project Manager and Business Analyst for the production support development team. Managing incoming issues by routing them to the proper resource (using a Kanban board), capturing acceptance criteria, performing UAT and ensuring the release plan is up to date.
- Serve as Project Manager and Business Analyst for the system upgrades development team. This team is responsible for ensuring our development technologies are kept up to date.
- Manage and lead development teams to successful outcomes: identify key metrics, set milestones and timelines, assess performance, develop communication materials and allocate resources.
- Supervise direct reports, this includes one on one meetings, yearly reviews, career development and timecard management.
- As PM set the tone for the team to build an effective and happy team.
- Create project plans and resource assignments in the Celoxis project management tool.
- Illicit and document requirements from users using various methods.
- Perform analysis to understand the inner workings of all assigned tasks and projects. Become an expert on processes to find improvements and perform root cause analysis.
- Create user stories that meet the definition of ready.
- Ensure team meets the definition of done for all stories and definition of releasable for all releases.
- Create project vision documents to define the project with the help of SME's, product owners and technical experts. Present the vision to the senior management team.
- Perform role of scrum master, ensure the team feels comfortable sharing positive and negative feelings during retrospectives. Facilitate the sprint review. Work with PO's on grooming the backlog and remove roadblocks quickly.
- Participate in story estimating, ensure team creates proper subtasks and tracks their time in Jira.
- Present project status to senior management team.
- Manage UAT and UXT for users.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent (minimum 5 years' experience in business systems analysis field)
- Minimum 1 year project management experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience eliciting requirements and performing cost-benefit analysis in a custom software development environment, from inception to production support
- Minimum 1 year experience performing database queries and/or related data research to support the requirements validation process
- Minimum 1 year experience coordinating and conducting User Acceptance Testing
- Proven ability to multi-task on concurrent projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience designing systems around the use of automated workflow, document imaging, and custom business applications is a plus
- Experience in the Financial/Retirement sector, including administration of health insurance and benefit payments, is a plus
- Certification in Project Management and/or Business Analysis is desirable
- Experience with Project Management Software like MS Project is desirable
- Experience in Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum and being a Scrum Master
- Experience in documenting user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experience with behavior Driven Development scenarios using Gherkin syntax