|Reference #||19-00797||Title||Service Desk Analyst|
|Start Date / End Date||06-01-2020 --- 30-06-2020|
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Service Desk Analyst. This position works in a call center environment providing technical assistance to customers on agency issues, service, network, and/or computer hardware and software issues, providing basic level troubleshooting to uncover known issues.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in a call center environment to provide technical assistance to customers on agency issues, services, network, and/or computer hardware and software issues.
- Provide basic level troubleshooting to uncover known issues. Identify trends or patterns in reported issues.
- Provide answers to simple, frequently asked questions to achieve first level resolution.
- Resolve customer computer issues over the phone and refer the issues to second level technical support as necessary.
- Create trouble tickets then update and close them with resolutions. Work closely in conjunction with Desktop and Network administration teams.
- Be the primary customer contact for status of assigned tickets.
- Update and maintain issues knowledge base as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehension of the operation of wide-area and local-area networks, terminal services and network architecture and how it relates to personal computer operation.
- Detailed operational knowledge of various software products in use (Chrome, G-Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, etc. and how the software applies to business applications.
- Demonstrated skill in analyzing and resolving complex computer systems problems (software and hardware).
- Experienced in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interview techniques to guide user in fully describing problem and prevent a mis-diagnosis.
- Principles and operations of personal computers and network hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- One to three years of on-the-job training related to Desktop / LAN system administration and troubleshooting.
- At least one year of job experience in a technical support position (Help Desk).
- Formal training or certification in the areas of software applications, network systems administration and/or computer.
- Reading publications, periodicals and trade journals to maintain skills.