| Service Desk Technician
What is Expected:
- Provide support in-house and at client locations (remote, onsite fill-in, or assignment)
- Able to work extended and flexible hours, including occasional nights/weekends
- Fields inquiries/problems and provides updates to all users on progress and completion of requests
- Ensures timely resolution of technical support requests according to published SLA's within approved policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing desktop support for computers and software through phone and direct contact with the clients
- Installs, repairs and configures PC's, peripherals, and other end user equipment including, Blackberries, Android devices, MACs, iPhones and iPads
- Maintains documentation for all Service Desk and end user processes and procedures
- Liaise with technology vendors for support and installation services
- Provides support to all customers in the office and occasional home locations
- Ability to work with all level of users
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve break/fix and configurations issues with hardware and software in Microsoft networking environment.
- Create and update articles in Knowledge Base as needed
- Experience working in a 500+ user enterprise environment with a broad range of technologies with a strong focus on Microsoft networking and MS Office applications.
- Remote Desktop Troubleshooting Experience (I.E. Remote Event Viewer and Log Analysis)
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Helpdesk for both phone and desk side support (in Financial Services a plus).
- Candidate must have advanced proven experience with, Windows 10 and MS Office 2016.
- Experience in configuring and supporting Blackberry, iPhone and Android devices in Microsoft Exchange based networks with AirWatch / Blackberry UEM MDM solutions.
- Must have working knowledge of TCP/IP networks and internet protocols
- Experience in using a Trouble Ticket system.
- Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage time effectively and to be motivated, reliable, and a self-starter.
Nice to Have:
- Log all tickets with complete and pertinent details.
- Act as the single point of contact to the user for all IT related requests.
- Answer phones, dispatch ticket queue, & answer emails.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Follow-up with users until issue is resolved.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Understanding of Active Directory environment
- Cisco IP Telephony phone administration experience.
- Global Protect VPN troubleshooting experience
- Citrix XenApp/Xendesktop experience.
- Bomgar Representative Console or similar support tool experience
- Bloomberg Terminal experience
- McAfee Suite experience
- Airwatch or equivalent MDM experience.
- RSA or similar two-factor authentication method experience
- Cat5e and Cat6 patching and troubleshooting.
- Experience with AV and Video Conferencing (configuration and support).
- Current industry certification.