|What you will do:
What you will need to succeed and what we would like to see:
- Designs, codes, modifies, debugs and evaluates programs for business functional areas.
- Formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharting, and data analysis through the application of professional programming concepts.
- Codes, tests and delivers application enhancements and project build deliverables.
- Determines how existing complex applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces and/or hardware logic, which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work together to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements.
- Develops methods to efficiently reuse existing components.
- Recommends and implements changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Holds and participates in code walkthroughs to ensure that all code is production ready and complies with all standards including but not limited to: architectural, PCI, Model Audit Rule and internal audit standards.
- Develops design specifications and parameters for assigned applications or components of larger integrated solutions that are in compliance with products' architectural blueprints.
- Ensures that code is to set quality standards including: SDLC, Architecture, PCI compliance, Model Audit Rule compliance and internal audit guidelines.
- Develops complex test plans in conjunction with the Q/A Lead.
- Reviews results of testing.
- Develops fixes for bugs discovered.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for approval of system and programming documentation.
- May assist in development of product user manuals.
- Participates in component and data architecture design, software product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations for moderate to high complexity solutions.
- Skilled in Java.
- Possesses skills and knowledge of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) methodologies and processes such as object-oriented programming, distributed, cross-platform program communication using message brokers with Common Object Request
- Knowledgeable about emerging and evolving technologies and approaches such as web services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- System Knowledge - Understands business and customer requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions
- Ability to integrate legacy systems with new technology
- Bachelor's degree in related area (Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years Coding, testing and applications development experience.
- 5+ years High-tech
- 5+ years Application design and programming experience preferably in related application areas.
- 5+ years Specific Systems Development Lifecycle experience within the area of development delivery.
- Understanding of industry practices and Client's IG policies and procedures relating to work assignments