|Reference #||19-00710||Title||Finance Business Analyst|
|Position Type||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level||Direct Placement|
|Start Date / End Date||11-11-2019 --- 30-11--0001|
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Leads or participates in corporate projects as they relate to the Finance division. Acts as a point of reference for complex financial system and processing issues, working with multiple resources to resolve. On behalf of internal and external customers, gathers and documents business requirements, provides research and analysis related to project/production issues, conducts user acceptance testing (UAT), and acts as a liaison between business customers, external customers, project teams, IT, and outside vendors. Communicates with all levels within the division. Supports assigned financial area on day-to-day reporting and system issues.
Required Work Experience
• 5 years of experience in finance, financial systems, claims processing\payment systems, premium payment systems or systems interfacing with Finance field (levels 2-3)
• 3 year of experience in a role with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside of the business (levels 2-3)
• 3 years of experience in finance or related field as an analyst with experience in system configuration, reporting, and integrations (level 1)
Required Education (All Levels)
• Associate's Degree in accounting, business, computer technology, mathematics or related field
Preferred Work Experience (All Levels)
• 7 years of experience in finance, financial systems, or claims processing systems field
• 5 years of experience on project teams with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people inside and outside the business
• 1 year of experience in project management
Preferred Education (All Levels)
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting, business, computer technology, mathematics or related field
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write and review business requirements, flow specifications or change requests
• Write test scripts, perform testing and post-production validation
• Conduct research and analysis for issue resolution relating to financial applications including reporting and process efficiencies. Track all items through to resolution.
• Perform security/system administration duties as required for financial applications.
• Provide first or second level support for internal/external customers
• Utilize problem-solving skills to improve procedures and processes, resolve system deficiencies and implement enhancements
• Act as a liaison between external/internal customers and IT; communicate system and process changes to business areas
• Develop moderate complex (e.g. multiple departments/systems) business requirements on large projects and flow specifications with limited management direction.
• Provide support to external customers to onboard EDI processing and achieve HIPAA Transaction and Code Set compliance.
• Provide subject matter expert (SME) advice related to financial systems in the prioritization of workload or issue research.
• Facilitate and/or create new operational procedures and processes resulting from advancing technologies or capabilities.
• Lead small to medium size projects; act as UAT Coordinator including test strategy and plan development
• Interpret design specifications for comparison against defined business needs to ensure compatibility, consistency and completeness
• Resolve differences between customers and other team members in order to achieve organizational and project goals
• Utilize existing reporting tools to develop and execute data queries for ad hoc requests; understand data source structures
• Support multiple segments of business
• Mentor Level 1 Analysts
• Develop complex (e.g. multiple departments/systems) business requirements on large projects and flow specifications with little to no management direction.
• Decompose high-level project information and evaluates project components to forecast work effort required
• Act as lead business analyst for large or complex projects with minimal guidance from manager
• Interpret business and technical design specifications and resolve conflicts that arise when compared against the defined needs of the business.
• Fully support all business segments
• Proactively seeks opportunities to improve processes and procedures in support of customer satisfaction and corporate goals
• Mentor Level 1 and 2 Analysts
• Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels.
• The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements. Participate in on-call rotation.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
• Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions based on customer input and research
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong time management skills
• Basic skills with core MS products: Word, Excel, IE, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint
• Basic skills with query tools
• Strong understanding of file handling and data translation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse group
Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
• Prioritize tasks and work multiple priorities, sometimes under strict time constraints
• Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and demonstrate creative problem solving techniques
• Anticipates downstream impacts and factors in those considerations appropriately
• Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks
Required Leadership and Personal Effectiveness Competencies
• Support priorities and direction of corporate leadership (Applies to All Levels)
• Ability to apply sound management decision making skills to perform effectively in the absence of management
• Effectively deal with conflict (Applies to All Levels)
• Ability to present concepts effectively to varying levels of staff (Applies to Levels 2 - 4)
Preferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
• Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of and experience with the development of business requirements, user acceptance testing and their supporting toolsets.
• Familiar with HIPAA compliance validation tools.
• Familiar with financial processes
• Formal business analyst training
Preferred Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
• Driven to identify solutions to meet customer needs.
• Ability to work with ambiguous and conflicting information while keeping focused on the end goal.