Client is seeking a senior software test engineer to join the Enterprise Data Hub (EDH) organization. The Enterprise Data Hub provides data and analytic capability and services for the rest of the organization. Some functions include:
Data Warehouse, Reporting, Self-Service Analysis, API's, Robotic Process Automation, AI/Client.
This individual will play a core role in the EDH testing space by driving test automation across sprint teams that are solving business problems in various data domains. Experience developing test automation frameworks and then guiding others in successfully using these frameworks will be a core responsibility.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of designing and executing effective test strategies and programs for data and analytic initiatives. Strong experience with testing of data and reporting systems is critical (data bases, data flows using ETL, reporting, SOA and micro-services, etc
. Successful candidate will have solid experience executing testing functions within Agile sprint teams and will have experience with agile tools such as Jira.
The EDH is in the process of migrating data warehouse functions to the Cloud. Experience testing cloud data solutions is required.
What you've done:
What you'll need to succeed:
- Effectively manage priorities, deliverables and timelines with little need for escalation.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and partnerships with key business systems stakeholders.
- Provide strong end-to-end leadership in the definition and build out of automation frameworks supporting data warehouse and data services environments (ETL, Reporting, API/Micro-Services, etc.)
- Drive best practices in QA Engineering and ensure Secure, Scalable, Performant, and Highly Available Service.
- Experience working with and coordinating automated test activities across multiple teams.
- Demonstrable experience with integration, performance, regression, stress, and acceptance testing with a focus on data analytics and data services.
- Support user acceptance testing for new features, improving the test coverage by including the most relevant end-to-end user scenarios in test plans and automation.
- Developed and/or recommended tools to assist test engineers in test planning, execution, and reporting.
- Tracked and helped with prioritization of defects throughout the product releases and lifecycles, by collaborating with team & stakeholders.
- Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful APIs.
- Worked with open source web frameworks such as React, Node.js, Express, Selenium, SoapUI and cloud data platforms and services such as Snowflake, StreamSets, etc.
- Experience integrating test automation in CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins
- Strong customer relationship, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective decision-making skills, even under pressure and while lacking all of the desired information detail.
- Relentlessly introduce new ways of improving the quality and performance of our analytic and data capabilities
- Identify, plan, and implement improvements of our deployment/release pipelines.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Experience working with projects spanning across a hybrid environment of On-Premise, Cloud, and SaaS.
- 5 or more years of software test automation experience with focus on data warehouse and data movement
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Ability to propose and create reusable components steps that can be integrated into cross-application test suites.
Bachelor's degree in related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience