The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership with regards to testing practices, procedures, and techniques on the Digital Engineering team. You will be responsible for architecting the automation of complex business processes, in addition to creating, testing, and assessing both manual and automated testing frameworks. The Senior QA Automation Engineer demonstrates innovation, leadership, and mentorship skills in addition to possessing a strong technical and programming/test automation skill set. The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for reviewing test plans with stakeholders, improving test coverage, and filling gaps in existing automation scripts in order to improve the overall quality of our digital properties.
What you've done:
- Effectively manage priorities, deliverables and timelines with little need for escalation.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and partnerships with key business systems stakeholders.
- Provide strong end-to-end leadership in the definition and build out of automation frameworks and continued adoption of DevOps.
- Drive best practices in QA Engineering and ensure Secure, Scalable, Performant, and Highly Available Service.
- Experience working with and coordinating automated test activities across multiple teams.
- Demonstrable experience with integration, performance, regression, stress, and acceptance testing with a focus on web and mobile applications.
- Support user acceptance testing for new features, improving the test coverage by including the most relevant end-to-end user scenarios in test plans and automation.
- Developed and/or recommended tools to assist test engineers in test planning, execution, and reporting.
- Tracked and helped with prioritization of defects throughout the product releases and lifecycles, by collaborating with team & stakeholders.
- Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful APIs.
- Worked with open source web frameworks such as React, Node.js, Express, Selenium, SoapUI and cloud platforms and services such as Amazon, browser stack, Perfecto Mobile, Expertise, and Sauce Labs.
What you'll need to succeed:
Bachelor's degree in related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong customer relationship, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective decision-making skills, even under pressure and while lacking all of the desired information detail.
- Experience with highly transactional account and payment related websites.
- Relentlessly introduce new ways of improving the quality and performance of our digital properties.
- Identify, plan, and implement improvements of our deployment/release pipelines.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Experience working with projects spanning across multiple applications in a hybrid environment of On-Premise, Cloud, and SaaS.
- Experience supporting complex systems with significant integration points, external Third-Party systems through APIs and multi-step authorization factors.
- 5 or more years of software test automation experience with focus on web and mobile applications.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Ability to propose and create reusable components steps that can be integrated into cross-application test suites.