| Red Hat/Oracle Linux/VMWare SME
LOCAL CANDIDATE PREFERRED, LOCATION: Mt Prospect, IL 60056
Short Project Description:
- Large Data Center Migration for a major transportation company with over 2,000 servers to a new data center with complex, real-time applications and tight migration timeframes.
- Analyze existing Data Center Physical/Virtual Server usage and configurations to help plan the migration of server workloads to a new Data Center.
- Assist with migration pre-planning activities including network migration impacts and opening change tickets.
Client is not willing to provide visa sponsorship for this position at this time
- Required in-depth knowledge of Linux, specifically Red Hat/Oracle Linux.
- Required experience in analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving Unix/Linux issues.
- Required above average Excel Skills (Pivot Table, Vlookup).
- Preferred experience creating tickets using ServiceNow, Remedy or an equivalent ticket management system.
- Preferred knowledge of VMWare including administration using vCenter and various versions, SRM, VM Server builds and server configurations (ESXI hosts, storage, and server migration processes involving VMware).
- Preferred experience with Veritas clusters including migration planning, startup/shutdown/failover procedures, and troubleshooting.
- Preferred experience with Solaris Operating System including knowledge of ldoms, zones, and the various filesystem types; Ex: xfs and zfs.