| ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Review daily results from our vulnerability scanner, identify vulnerabilities and exposures.
- Utilize data collected in analysis tool to rank, identify severity level and plan short- and long-term remediation and proactive countermeasures and controls.
- Remediate computer security vulnerabilities in diverse, IT ecosystem comprised of Windows/Linux Servers, client workstations/laptops/mobile devices, applications, storage and network systems, Client/Dell/Cisco/Palo Alto and other hardware types. Examples include patching, changing registry values, working with the firewall team, network experts, SCCM SME, Helpdesk, Group Policy Managers and business users.
- Research capabilities with intellectual curiosity and critical thinking to determine best ways to prioritize and remediate vulnerabilities with no impact on production environment.
- Continuously improve remediation processes via automation for maximum efficiency and reliability.
- Communicate compliance and operational metrics.
- Create deployment patch packages using SCCM and WSUS.
- Work with product vendors to develop suitable patch recommendations without risking service availability.
- Document operational standards and procedures using agency's KB wiki.
- Assist in developing technical expertise with less experienced staff members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Information Security.
- Computer and network system administration in a medium-large environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem Solving/Analytical/Critical Thinking.
- Customer Service Focus.
- Time Management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- IT Service Management Concepts and Disciplines.
- 3 to 5 years' experience supporting diverse IT systems, processes or capabilities
- 3 to 5 years' Information Technology Security experience, at least 3 with large enterprise organizations.
- Knowledge of various vulnerability scanning solutions, scripting and automation. Nessus, RiskSense a plus.
- A solid understanding of industry best practices for hands on, security vulnerability remediation.
- Must have excellent competency with SCCM, WSUS (or other, similar tools) running in an enterprise environment.
- Proficiency in scripting of packaged installation of patches, software and configuration changes, including the knowledge and ability to write power shell scripts needed to automate patch management processes.
- Excellent understanding of networking, systems and application security.
- Deep understanding of Windows Systems with some Linux and Solaris experience.
- Experience working with and adhering to ITIL/Service Management processes (especially incident, problem, configuration and change management).
- 4 Year college degree in Science, Math, Engineering or Technology.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or other Information Security-related certification(s).
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, C#, Visual Basic, data base, Python and Java application development (in-house developed or off-the-shelf) will be a plus.
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Security Update guide portal and interpreting detailed descriptions of the security vulnerability, exploitability assessment and researching reported issues with deployed patches.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; must be able to communicate technical solutions to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to perform production-impacting remediation actions after business hours.
- Ability to respond to critical incidents after business hours.