- Associate's degree in Computer Science, , or related field.
- Seven (7) years of experience in IT technology, computer science, or IT service administration.
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience may substitute for the minimum requirements.
- SQL report writing experience
- Professional and pleasant personality
- Skilled at interfacing with users, Information Technology and Management
- Strong oral and written communicatino skills
- Valid Arizona State Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of capabilities of computer systems and networked environments.
- Ability to easily grasp and put into application new ideas, concepts, methods, and technologies.
Perform technical work of considerable difficulty in troubleshooting various networks and diagnosing common network problems.
Example of Duties
- Program, analyze, design and implement projects of considerable difficulty.
- Analyze malfunctions and develop solutions.
- Respond to complex programming problems.
- Coordinate project activities and timelines.
- Prepare reports and proposals.
- Conduct system feasibility studies and design systems/applications.
- Define and conduct system specification studies, modify and implement database, and schedule routine maintenance.
- Communicate with multiple vendors regarding utilities and packages.
- Provide technical assistance to users.
- Assist and supervise in setting long-range plans and goals to meet project deadlines.
- Evaluate computer hardware and system level software and make recommendations.
- Write server-side scripts and client-side markup for various clients to manage internet published content.
- Maintain third-party extensions of published websites and continually keep software up to date with the most recent security patches and bug fixes.
- Ensure all websites are written in clear valid code with extensive documentation and correct functionality in popular modern Internet browsers.
- Install and maintain network equipment and cabling.
- Evaluate hardware and software, conduct installations, upgrade and network configurations.
- Analyze directory structures, network security, and software on file servers and rights.
- Perform upgrades on network hardware and software and assist users and clients with technical support.
- Grant and limit users network access on varying conditions.
- Design, modify and implement database and establish network users, directories, and security for networks.
- Conduct user training and develop user procedures.
- To promote and adhere to the workplace values of accountability, commitment, and teamwork to help enrich lives beyond expectation.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.