| Position Summary:
The Systems Administrator position delivers superior hardware and software support to the corporate office and the field office locations. This position will assist the Infrastructure team in building a best in class technology support function within a fast-growing organization.
- Microsoft Office 365 deployment experience and administration.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Anti-Virus software.
- Ability to learn and adopt new tools, techniques to increase (infrastructure and solutions) performance, automation and scalability.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Windows 7 and 10 as well as Windows Sever 2012-2016 operating systems.
- Knowledge on the configuration of Windows based PCs.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Apple systems for iPads.
- May require some travel to field office locations, estimated at 20%.
- Preferred experiences with managing and maintaining Palo Alto Firewalls and Cisco switching
- Knowledge of configuring/maintaining virtual environments ( VMWare/AWS)
- High School Diploma required, some technical school or college preferred.
- 5 or more years' experience in Systems Administration or equivalent education.
- Proven experience and attitude around providing outstanding customer service.
- Availability to work after-hours when necessary for applicable maintenance tasks.
- Effectively present information to employees, customers and top management.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience with hardware and software issues.
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail and Web Browsers.
- Works closely with the IT Infrastructure team to assist with the day-to-day operations of the Progress corporate and field office IT infrastructure by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Works with vendors to assist in all support activities.
- Provides coordination and hands-on turn up of new infrastructure (servers, network connectivity, wireless access points, and phone systems) at all field offices
- Provides administrative functions on MS Exchange, including granting access to new users, removing users and troubleshooting access issues
- Trains technical staff in how to use company approved software, hardware and manage the health of all on premise server room infrastructure.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. Leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical servers and equipment including corporate phone systems.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Monitor the team ticket queue and respond to Incident and Service Request tickets within SLA specific timeframe.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Develops tools, procedures, and training sessions for operations, client support and systems development staff to assist with work.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for Progress to take advantage of new technology.
- Provide high level technical support to employees, in corporate office as well as field office locations.
- Troubleshoot and determine service problems with web, email and other Internet applications.
- Ensure all new hires have the required access on their first day of employment.
- Manage users and resources in GAL/Employee Public Directory.
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Become intimately familiar with the architecture of our AWS based systems and be responsible for drilling down to code level and logs
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Devise, develop, and champion cloud based best practices.
- Able to investigate, test, and deploy new technologies where little documentation exists.
- Provide proactive support, monitoring, troubleshooting, diagnostics and problem resolution across cloud environments.