The Technical Project Manager will coordinate and execute software development projects under a hybrid model for various business units. Most projects are executed under an agile Scrum methodology, but other initiatives and sustainment efforts may follow a Waterfall or Kanban approach. The environment is fast paced and time to market of applications is critical to the success of the organization. This position will be part of a dynamic team that is dedicated to delivering applications for high-quality, on-time software releases leveraging best-of-breed agile and DevOps practices with a focus on how to enable the operations of those applications through a combination of infrastructure solutioning, continuous delivery & integration, and efficient system sustainment planning.
This role is dedicated to setting up projects and leading the delivery of software applications through a team of business analyst, product owners, software engineers, and QA engineers. On agile projects, the Technical PM will execute as a Scrum Master and work closely with the Engineering Manager. The Technical PM will lead by gaining consensus on all major aspects of the software delivery cycle, by working closely with the technology team and business partners.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise effectively with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Track project milestones and deliverables, and communicate closely with leadership team
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Log, track, and manage issues, bugs, and enhancement/ features requests logged in JIRA and Confluence
- Participate in software release and post-release activities, including developing designs for proof of concepts
- Capture, mitigate and /or escalate risks & issues in a timely fashion
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Bachelor's degree required, a degree related to information systems or technology a strong plus.
- 4+ years of management experience in an operational environment overseeing enterprise level projects
- Scrum Master certification a strong plus
- Experience in resourcing, staffing and delivery of technical solutions with a given budget
- Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively multitask in a dynamic and fast paced work environment
- ITIL understanding and familiarity with modern application architecture design patterns
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to communicate effectively with business owners in escalated or tense situations
- Experience with entire software development lifecycle (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexibility and positive attitude to achieve tight deadlines in fast paced environment
- Solid detail-oriented documentation skills
- Strong balance of business and technical skills and ability to "translate technical concepts clearly to non-technical decision-makers
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Ability to work with a complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries
- Ability to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups