The employee in this position provides support for a wide variety of systems engineering activities, execute moderate complexity studies to evaluate products for compliance with requirements and applicable standards, define preliminary processes to solve complex engineering issues, and work heavily in a team environment.
The employee in this position provides system-level support of information systems, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems. In addition, this position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and occasionally modifying systems including developing, testing, debugging and installing to support information systems. This position requires a working knowledge of relational databases, web, client-server, and cloud computing concepts, and the ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The employee in this position will participate in the planning and implementation of system monitoring, maintenance and support of all networked software and operating systems. Where applicable this employee will also provide end-user support and troubleshooting of applications and software.
The employee in this position will define the business requirements and technology-independent process and data models for technology solutions that meet the needs for various business areas and will bridge the gap between the business customer and the technology solution providers (e.g., vendors, infrastructure team, and development team).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Research, evaluate, configure, integrate, and test COTS hardware/software products; effectively diagnose and solve problems involving the integration of the technologies and products
- Responsible for consulting with customers on business needs, translating needs into technical requirements, and interfacing with agency and customers to ensure successful delivery of large, complex projects.
- Carry out performance and capacity/scalability analysis planning and testing; support production systems; analyze and resolve production problems in a timely manner; resolve end user service requests as assigned
- Engage with business analysts and stakeholders to understand functional requirements, and contribute to completion of functional specifications
- Maintain business systems standards by applying software development, project management methods, tools and processes as standard practice
- Prepare and deliver informative, well-organized presentations and project status reviews to stakeholders including process owners, customers and stakeholders
- Thorough working knowledge of various infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise
- Thorough working knowledge of effectively translating user requirements into business, functional and test scenarios for projects of various sizes and complexity
- Thorough working knowledge of developing and writing technical documentation
- Thorough working knowledge of evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, consolidate details and extract to functional requirements
- Experience in administering Windows OS
- Experience in administering cloud hosting services (Amazon Web Services, MS Azure, Google Cloud etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in the usage of relational databases
- Experience designing, integrating, implementing, administrating, supporting complex systems in clustered environments
- Experience in designing and implementing high-availability and scalable multi-tier applications
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent problem determination skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new platforms, evaluate and test emerging technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Ability to provide clear, effective communication regarding technical issues and impact to the management.
- Time management, attention to detail, expectation setting and organization / coordination skills to provide solid service management.
- Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Coordinate with tier 1 hosting service provider and help desk for operations related matters.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) with a minimum of 3 years of systems administration experience is required.
- Experience with Google GSuite administration is a huge plus.
- Experience with Identity Management (OKTA and ADFS SSO integration) is a huge plus.
- Experience in supporting bulk or marketing email (SendGrid) is a huge plus.
- Experience with Microsoft IIS is a huge plus.
- Experience with DNS support (AWS Route53) is a huge plus.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management is a plus.
- Experience in supporting Office 365 is a plus.
- Experience in JIRA / Confluence is a plus.