|Reference #||19-00415||Title||Java Developer|
|Start Date / End Date||29-07-2019 --- 31-12-2019|
Responsible for providing professional business and systems analysis and programming for applications in a variety of environments. Performs related work as required. This is a competitive classification.
Essential Functions (not intended to be all inclusive) (not intended to be all inclusive):
1. Provides program level application design and analysis from both written and verbal detailed program specifications.
2. Debugs complex computer programs.
3. Writes specifications, designs and creates new programs, and analyzes and modifies existing programs.
4. Designs and supports applications and web sites using the agency's standard tools.
5. Writes test plans and participates in peer testing.
6. Participates in project planning and design with clients and senior analytical staff.
7. Consults and plans for specific modifications and systems enhancements.
8. Provides optimum quality service to the clients.
9. Monitors project for quality assurance and adherence to procedures in order to avoid preventable interruption of production.
10. Develops written documents to clearly present information in a logical order with terms that are understood by the receiving audience.
11. Prepares written reports (e.g., monthly activity, project status, etc.) to provide information.
12. Documents activities and time spent on tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
1. professional standards for systems development and documentation.
2. the principles, concepts, capabilities, and operations of HTML, XML, XSD, SOAP, JAVA Script, and SQL.
3. implementation of the Agile Methodology.
4. the principles and techniques of function-oriented system analysis and design.
5. current technological trends for client/server and personal computer information systems.
6. advanced mathematical calculations and statistics.
7. computer interfaces with outside agencies.
8. assigned applications systems.
9. system design requirements and programming techniques in any Object Oriented Language (e.g., C++, C#, JAVA, .NET, etc.).
1. reviewing, interpreting, and proofreading comprehensive, analytical, statistical, technical, and administrative reports, documents, and manuals.
2. the use of system testing applications to identify performance, data integrity, communication and functionality problems, and ensure the programs are corrected accordingly.
3. developing logical conclusions and implementing practical solutions to highly complex programming and data structure problems.
4. the use of effective time management and organization techniques.
5. performing multiple highly complex tasks simultaneously.
6. analyzing highly complex systems and programming specifications to develop logical coding.
7. recognizing hardware and software problems and implementing effective solutions (e.g., personal computer, client/server, networking, Active Directory, etc.).
8. effective listening.
9. providing technical training, direction, and guidance to subordinates, peers, and clients.
10. defining data models in logical views and various types of physical data structures.
11. analyzing user needs to design appropriate system modifications or new applications to meet the identified requirements.
12. developing highly complex systems and programming specifications.
13. coding basic and advance mathematical calculations in various programming languages.
14. selecting the best tool on various platforms (windows OS, personal computer, UNIX, etc.).
15. integrating applications which extend across sections of the organization.
1. maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
2. learn and apply new technical knowledge and skills.
3. effectively communicate both orally and in writing for both administrative and technical purposes.
4. establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization.