|Reference #||19-00417||Title||Applications Systems Analyst|
|Start Date / End Date||29-07-2019 --- 31-12-2019|
1. professional standards for systems development and documentation.
2. the principles, concepts, capabilities and operations of large-scale mainframe digital computer hardware, data storage devices and peripherals (e.g. MVS/ESA mainframe computer, character-based terminal, keyboard, laser and line printer, direct access disk drives, magnetic tape reels, etc.). 3. the physical design and principles of relational database models and entity-relationship diagramming.
4. batch processing for custom developed applications in the mainframe and microcomputer environments.
5. third generation programming languages (e.g. COBOL, ANSI-C, PL/SQL, CICS command level, Adaprep, C#, JAVA, etc).
6. the principles and techniques of function-oriented system analysis and design.
7. project estimating techniques.
8. the waterfall and/or agile life cycle model and methodologies of systems development.
9. the processes, techniques and tools of project management. technical computer terminology.
10. data modeling principles and techniques for computer file storage.
11. on-line, synchronous transaction processing for custom developed applications.
12. various types of mainframe computer file organizations and file access methods (e.g. sequential, partitioned, indexed sequential, virtual storage access method, generation datasets, etc).
13. high-end database management systems (e.g. MS SQL, Oracle, Adabas, etc.) and their data dictionaries.
14. current technological trends for mainframe, client/server, and personal computer information systems.
15. various communication techniques between application components (e.g. program-to-program method, message queuing method, etc).
16. advanced mathematical calculations and statistics.
17. computer interfaces with outside agencies.
1. effectively communicating in writing for both administrative and technical purposes.
2. accurately interpreting statutes, laws, policies, procedures and written instructions.
3. developing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization.
4. reviewing, interpreting, and proofreading comprehensive, analytical, statistical, technical, and administrative reports, documents, and manuals.
5. flowcharting business procedures, functions, data flow and work processes.
6. translating manual work procedures and processes into automated computer programs and systems.
7. system testing applications to identify performance, data integrity, communication and functionality problems and ensure the programs are corrected accordingly.
8. effective time management and organization techniques.
9. identifying, researching, analyzing and interpreting technical information from a variety of sources to resolve complex problems, (e.g. design, code, debug, etc.) custom developed applications.
10. performing multiple highly complex tasks concurrently.
11. analyzing highly complex systems and programming specifications to develop logical coding.
12. recognizing hardware and software problems and implementing effective solutions (e.g. mainframe, personal computer, client/server, etc.).
13. developing function-oriented applications.
14. solving highly complex logic problems.
15. applying various application design techniques for multiple computer systems.
16. providing technical training, direction, and guidance to subordinates, peers, and clients.
17. defining data models in logical views and various types of physical data structures.
18. analyzing user needs to design appropriate system modifications or new applications to meet the identified requirements.
19. adjusting priorities and work schedules as necessary to meet project deadlines.
20. using debugging tools and techniques for identifying causes of logic problems in custom developed applications.
21. using mainframe operating system job control language (OS/JCL).
22. selecting the best tool on various platforms (mainframe, personal computer, UNIX, etc.).
23. integrating applications which extend across sections of the organization.