Our client is seeking a Senior Level Project Manager with Healthcare industry knowledge, strong communication skills, business and IT large enterprise experience in an Agile environment.
Under minimal supervision leads corporate projects as assigned by the manager of the area. These projects may cover multiple business areas of the corporation as well as multiple systems. Provides support for the various definitional portions of the project, including scope, business requirements, reporting and testing. Reports progress to the defined management team of the project as well as the direct line reporting.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track and resolve processing problems, coordinating with all areas
- Ability to perform system analysis and create business requirements documents
- Develop test plans, scripts and test bases
- Write or modify procedures for internal use
- Analyze files and do mapping from one system to another
- Assist in implementing new procedures including workflows, manuals and training as required
- Develops, organizes, and conducts necessary training programs for staff
Education and Experience: Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Project Management or any combination of equivalent experience and education. Five years working experience in health care related systems as a project manager or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of healthcare, and system design; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, both within the corporation and externally; solid knowledge of project management strategies and techniques and track record of successful project management; knowledge of multiple departmental health care areas (i.e. Finance, Claims, Enrollment, etc); knowledge in the usage of MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio preferred.
- Project management efforts required to plan, monitor, track and manage the people, time and quality of the work related to the implementation of the project
- Lead project activities in conjunction with technical managers, users, and management
- Creates project plans that include the required project components including background, scope, goal, roles & responsibilities, measurable objectives, assumptions, issues, and risk assessment
- Leads the project team to define the work breakdown structure of the project, task definition, task dependencies, and time estimates
- Estimate and negotiate resources
- Creates Gantt charts to monitor and track tasks and deliverables
- Communicate project status and issues to project team and management
- Provides necessary cost estimates and/or benefit analysis for systems and projects
- Develop and monitor project budgets
- Escalation of issues impacting the project to the appropriate levels for resolution.
- Manage and resolve conflict in the project environment.
- Effective oral and written communication with all levels of staff
- Effectively facilitate meetings at multiple levels of staff
- Create and deliver effective presentations to multiple levels of staff
- Manage projects that include multiple systems and multiple functional areas
- Manage multiple large projects concurrently
- Manage very large and complex projects including subordinate project managers
- Oversee projects managed by other project managers
- Assist in development of other project managers
- Project portfolio reporting to Executive Management
- Ability to develop and conduct a feasibility study (including technical, functional, cost, and relationship components)
- Keeps current on new project management strategies and techniques
- May be required to travel in conjunction with the assigned project or training
- Participation in the Project Management Institute (PMI) as required by management