| Job Description:
The Subsurface Data Manager includes geoscientists and technologists who support the receipt, quality control, preparation and loading of all geological/geophysical data into Petrel and Studio. Data Cleansing prior to Data Migration from Landmark database to Petrel.
: Houston TX, preferably perm residents and citizens
- Extensive experience in an Upstream Oil & Gas data management environment, with an operator or service company.
- Solid understanding of the oil industry exploration and production cycle, coupled to an appreciation of the effect this has on professional explorationists.
- Previous experience using geological, petrophysical & geophysical applications or related database solutions, including but not limited to, such as OpenWorks, Petra, Studio & Petrel.
- Experience of cleaning and managing well data.
- Understanding of well data acquisition, QC and analysis processes, loading of log curves, headers, directional surveys and borehole seismic data.
- Maintaining audit trails of data loading, modification and transfer events.
- Adopting and maintaining good data management practices e.g. timely housekeeping, quality checks
- Working to the required standards and procedures in place and relevant to different data types and their management
- Handling of client well and seismic data from and to third parties.
- Good understanding of Information Technology
- Coordinate activities with the customer and provide input to project management teams.
- Ensuring that request logging, tracking, maintenance and completion are carried out in the appropriate call logging system