|Asset & Configuration Management Analyst
The Asset & Configuration Management Analyst performs maintenance and administrative activities in support of the Service Asset and Configuration Management processes. This role will assist in performing those functions required to drive improvement of the overall process, enhance data quality, and ensure cross process and organizational alignment in support of optimized management information, reduced cost of support, and improved overall delivery of IT services.
- Maintain, identify, and drive improvements in the SACM processes and the execution thereof.
- Support the analysis of data gathered via audits, automated Discovery, and exception based KPI's in order to identify underlying issues and to develop effective responses aimed at improving or eliminating process gaps and / or variances.
- Participate in reviews of business needs, process improvement potential, and enhanced business capabilities as they pertain to IT configuration items and the attributes thereof.
- Support the design of appropriate metrics, as well as the reports needed for the analysis of key performance and quality indicators in relation to Asset and Configuration Management, specifically in terms of data quality and configuration item and asset lifecycle management.
- Support the creation of those respective internal and user focused reports related to key performance indicators and business metrics.
- Monitor and measure Asset and Configuration Management process KPIs and identify gaps, variances, and improvement opportunities in order to enhance the overall effectiveness and efficiencies of the process.
- Examine areas for service improvement potential and raise enhancement proposals with management, including, but not limited to, the identification of improvement options, implementation benefits and risks, and the raising of subsequent Change Requests.
- Contribute to the design, preparation, and delivery of training material relating to Asset and Configuration Management and the appropriate use of supporting Clients management systems.
- Provide expert guidance to all support teams within clients and assist in integrating the Asset and Configuration Management culture, including the lifecycle management of configuration items and assets, including quality driven attributes, relationships, and integrations.
- 5-10 years in Information Technology
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
- ITIL based Asset and Configuration Management experience
- Experience with ServiceNow functionality related to the CMDB
- Ability to track tasks and deliver on committed dates and deliverables.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills as well as strong customer service and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with various levels of technologists, management, and customers.
- Competency in process development, execution, and administration.
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Candidate must be driven, self-motivated, ambitious, effective, and efficient in customer service skills.
- Ability to work well independently, or as a team member, with multiple, diverse work groups.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written communications, to both IT and business staff.
- Excellent analytical skills using a structured methodology, with a commitment to quality standards and continuous improvement.
- Highly organized, with the ability to plan for short- to medium-term objectives.
- Strong service attitude; builds lasting customer relationships, strives for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proven customer support experience in a large and diverse environment, with a particular emphasis on Software Asset Management, and related Service Management disciplines.
- Experience in ITIL Service Support and Delivery processes and best practice.
- Experience across complimentary ServiceNow processes, MS Office, SharePoint, etc.