| Position Summary
The QA Analyst candidate will work closely with product owners, developer and project managers to define and prioritize testing requirements; communicates test results and status reports in an agile environment. The candidate will add value to the team by validating the web applications and backend systems meet requirements and design specifications.
- Review functional business requirements and design specifications to ensure understanding of deliverables such as test strategy, test plans and test cases.
- Develop, document and maintain test cases and other test artifacts like test data, test scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Publish and communicate test results and test plan statuses using established processes.
- Isolate, replicate and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Work closely/collaboratively with cross-functional teams (Dev, Management, Operations).
- Participate in all aspects of functional, regression, user acceptance and load testing.
- Provide estimates for test efforts.
- Coordinate with Network Services team to ensure required test platforms are available.
- Identify quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues.
- Participate in software design discussions, reviews and test strategy sessions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant QA technical experience with functional testing, regression testing and integration testing.
- Expertise in creating clear, concise test plans and test cases. Ability to understand and create test plans and test cases from specifications.
- Experience writing black box and user interface test cases, designing tests to mitigate risks.
- Experience in context-based, exploratory, or scenario testing.
- Working understanding of source control and test management tools.
- Basic understanding of programming.
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience in the education industry is preferred.
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum team preferred.
- Experience with TFS, MTM and MS Test is preferred.
- Exposure to test automation scripts using Selenium is preferred.
- Intermediate level of SQL Server database query language (TSQL) and using that write queries to extract data out of databases is preferred.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with developers and business experts.
- Ability to work as part of a self-directed team, in which tasks are determined daily in coordination with co-workers, rather than being assigned.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative and distributed team environment.
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being pro-active in keeping their management informed of project related issues.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to respectfully question ideas and share a point of view with others in support of the business requirements and needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of employees ranging from entry level to senior leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly.
- Proven strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong aspiration to learn new technologies.