|Reference #||19-00097||Title||AIX/Power Series Engineer|
|Start Date / End Date||25-02-2019 --- 25-08-2019|
6-12 month contract with possibility of extension.
We are looking for IBM AIX Unix experts having 10+ years of solid experience in AIX systems and Power Series Platform (p7 and p7+) Applicant will be responsible for managing AIX systems 24x7365 across two physical datacenters. The AIX landscape consists of three environments (Development, QA, and Production) supporting SAP running DB2 systems.
The applicant must be:
- Available for Operating system and Platform support based on 24x7365 days.
- Skilled in Management of 3-Tier environments that includes, Dev, QA, and Prod.
- Versed in providing coordination between SAP team and platform support entities including; enterprise storage, network security and data center management.
- ITIL based service delivery for Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management, Configuration Management
- Operating system Patching, Performance tuning, Unix shell programming, troubleshooting skills.
- Operating system Upgrade / Migration
- experience implementing and administering VIOS servers within IBM AIX
- Securing the AIX systems by hardening as per industry standard
- Managing system state backups using "mksysb
- HMC and Firmware upgrades
- Remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Commissioning and Decommissioning of servers.