| Position Summary
The candidate will be primarily responsible for development, enhancement, troubleshooting and maintenance for web applications and backend processes built on Microsoft technology stack. The successful developer will be solution oriented, adapt to changing environments, and able to work with minimal defined requirements. The ideal candidate must have previous experience implementing, unit testing, and debugging applications.
- Review functional business requirements and design specifications to ensure understanding of deliverables such as application code and unit tests.
- Design, develop and unit test new features to existing application or build out brand new application as per business requirements and design specifications.
- Identify, debug and fix defects in application code.
- Work closely/collaboratively with cross-functional teams (QA, Management, Operations).
- Provide estimates for development efforts.
- Participate in various SCRUM activities such as sprint planning, stand ups and retrospectives.
- Participate in software design discussions and code reviews.
- Coordinate with Network Services team to ensure required environments are available.
- Coordinate with Operations team to create and deploy builds to appropriate environments.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with SQL Server development writing stored procedures and functions.
- Experience with Team Foundation Services or other centralized or distributed source control systems.
- Advanced understanding of object oriented programming fundamentals.
- Ability to recognize and apply application development patterns and best practices
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience in the education industry is preferred.