Top skills: Windows Administration in a large scale environment, AD and experience with Microsoft tools; professional and very good communication skills.
Establish processes and policies, and perform tasks needed to maintain the overall integrity and reliability of Linux, Windows, VMware and storage systems. Meet the long-term requirements of the Corporate Systems & Desktops teams.
- Responsible for the design, administration, installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux/UNIX, Windows, and VMware operating systems on physical servers and virtual environments.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware related server problems (failed disks, network cards, CPU, memory, etc.) and act as escalation point for other Systems Admins.
- Support existing server infrastructure in an on-call capacity as part of a team rotation and act as escalation point for other Systems Admins.
- Recommend and implement changes to existing hardware and operating system infrastructure including patches, users, file systems and kernel parameters.
- Act as escalation point to troubleshoot hardware and operating system problems and suggest possible performance tuning and monitoring utilities.
- Work with database and application teams to gather requirements for new projects and expansion to existing applications.
- Perform hardware and operating system capacity planning for existing services and provide recommendations to application owners.
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Recommend operating system versions and toolsets to improve security and stability.
- Seek out and implement new technologies to continually simplify the environment while improving security and performance.
- Reduce overall administrative costs by leveraging open source solutions and other innovative ideas.
- Interact with multiple internal customers and external vendors and partners to provide quality customer service.
- May perform other duties as required to help out desktop support.
- Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Systems Administrator in a medium to large scale enterprise environment.
- Extensive experience with a multi-domain Active Directory environment.
- Knowledge of data encryption methods and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of the latest version of RedHat Linux, Windows Server and VMware.
- Extensive knowledge with blade servers.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft tools.
- Extensive knowledge of anti-virus software.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of IBM MQ software, NETAPP disk storage, SAN or iSCSI storage.
- Knowledge of Big Data framework utilizing MapReduce, Hadoop Cluster, HDFS, Cassandra, and Hive.
- Experience installing, configuring and tuning Hadoop distribution for Map
- Knowledge of Vormetric encryption appliances.
- Additional education and/or experience.