Primary responsibility will be for the support, maintenance & configuration of various enterprise monitoring solutions, including but not limited to ScienceLogic, Client SiteScope, Orion Solarwinds, DynaTrace Synthetics, DynaTrace Data Center and DynaTrace Appmon/OneAgent. Secondary responsibility will be to support the creation and maintenance of systems management tasks using scripting languages such as Python, Powershell, Perl, Vugen, or similar scripting languages.
Other responsibilities include the design installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer operating systems and related software. Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system. Defines and discerns key aspects of System Administration that have a significant technical and business impact. Receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new projects or assignments.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in related area (Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical discipline) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with ScienceLogic, Solarwinds, Sitescope, Dynatrace or similar technology monitoring tools
- Configuring alerts, topology, integrations, reports
- Experience with integrating tools (Active Directory, SSO, Splunk, Sciencelogic)
- Configuring device groups and dashboards
- Ensuring connectivity between target systems and enterprise monitoring systems (WMI, SNMP)
- Experience with integrating tools (Active Directory, SSO, Splunk, ServiceNow)
- Experience automating recovery actions for systems alerts
- Knowledge of application development, support, and SDLC
- Ability to collaborate with peers, application teams, and project teams on complex projects and issues progress and provide status reports to management.
- Great English written and oral communication skills. Produces documentation with attention to detail.
Preferred Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Strong scripting skills, strong shell scripting skills (python, powershell, bash, ksh, sh)
- Experience with RHEL Linux & Windows server administration/troubleshooting
- Able to navigate command line easily within both Linux and Windows File systems.
- Experience with troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory Users/Groups, Group Policys, LDAP, Permissions
- Familiarity with database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL) and web servers (IIS, Apache/Tomcat)
- Strong understanding of network and network troubleshooting
- Ability to configure monitoring/alerting/reporting for availability, performance & capacity management
- Previous experience as a systems engineer supporting Windows, Linux, and Unix systems.
- Certification(s) in functional expertise areas.
- Knowledge of basic ITIL framework and processes.