|Reference #||18-01945||Title||Senior Kafka Administrator|
|Start Date / End Date||12-12-2018 --- 30-11--0001|
Senior Kafka Administrator
Number of positions open: 1
Duration: 1 year
Location Jacksonville, FL
Local or relocation preferred
Senior IT Systems Engineers are responsible for monitoring, installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of technology solutions. Senior IT Systems Engineer's provide technical support and troubleshoot problems and perform scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of technology solutions. Senior IT Systems Engineers drive and implement automation enhancements and process improvement efforts, are assigned to multiple complex systems/applications. They lead initiatives, oversee work results, provide training and serve as a technical resource for other Systems Engineers.
· Performs installation, monitoring, testing, configuration, migration, maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned technology
· Leads development of policies, plans and schedules
· Manages system/application environment and ongoing operations
· Ensures that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards
· Researches, designs, implements and tests of technology solutions
· Proactively monitors and reports performance utilization of assigned technologies
· Troubleshoots software and/or hardware issues/failures
· Resolves alerts and perform remediation activities
· Manages problem or escalated tickets and tasks and out of cycle requests from systems/software owners
· Collects and presents data for reporting and planning
· Determines best tactical and/or long-term solution, formulate, implement and maintain solutions
· Determines migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology/application errors
· Leads workgroups and initiatives with IT and business area partners
· Determines best course of action for meeting business needs and provides consultative expertise to customers on how to best use systems/infrastructure capabilities
· Key participant in capacity planning, design and implementation of technical project management related to systems administration
· May provide input into infrastructure architecture designs
· Drive and implement process and automation improvements
· Proactively monitors and identifies broader, more complex issues across multiple, integrated, connecting technologies and communicate as appropriate
· Writes programming/scripting
· Develops processes and procedures related to systems/application administration
· May participate in Disaster Recovery planning and exercises
· Contributes input into infrastructure architecture and ensures infrastructure architecture is implemented as intended. Ensures execution and alignment to architectural standards and blueprints.
· Assists in training and mentoring staff
· Performs on-call activities as needed for the environment and technologies
· Leads initiatives, oversee work results, provide training and serve as a technical resource for other Systems Engineers
Other duties as assigned
Seven or more years demonstrated proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting messaging infrastructure.
Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
3 or more years of experience installing, configuring and supporting Hortonworks Kafka in an enterprise environment.
2 or more years of experience in developing/customizing messaging related monitoring tools/utilities.
Good programming knowledge/experience with one or more languages (ex. Java, node.js, python)
Considerable experience implementing Kerberos Security.
Ability to support systems using 24x7 oncall rotation.
Competent working in one or more environments highly integrated with an operating system.
Experience implementing and administering/managing technical solutions in major, large-scale system implementations
High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Proven leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness.
Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences.