This individual is a member of the Legal Contracts Administration Department. The position is responsible for the preparation and administration of Sales and Procurement contracts (and associated documents), reviewing contracts and their terms for completeness and for compliance with Company policies and procedures, routing contracts and documents, and entering key contract terms into the contract management system. The position is also responsible for processing and/or answering internal staff questions, training internal staff on the contract management system, communicating tools and resources for internal staff reference and use.
- Highly detailed
- Strong aptitude for learning
- Contracts/documents review/management experience 1-2-year min.
- Out of the box thinker
- Deadline driven
- Fast paced and able to multi task/juggle multiple tasks
- Responsible for various elements of the contract process through completion, including but not limited to monitoring Contract status, facilitating workflow and preparing contracts for signature.
- Review and prepare certain agreements (including NDA's and Amendments) with key contract terms for review by attorneys and paralegal.
- Review internal approvals and other processes to ensure all contract requirements and policies are satisfied.
- Extract key data elements from contracts for entry into contract management system.
- Review, scan and index completed contracts and required supporting documentation into contract management system and request further documentation from the other party as required by the contract.
- Researches and responds to internal questions regarding contract terms.
- Provides general support to internal attorneys and paralegal as it relates to contracts.
- Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrable 3 or more years' experience doing Contracts Administration in a Corporation, Corporate Law Department or Law Firm.
- Experience with an electronic platform-based contract management system, preferably the Apttus contract management system.
- Understanding of sales and/or procurement contract terms and contract administration practices.
- A commitment to details. Very detail oriented with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer operation skills, including strong proficiency in all facets of Microsoft Office/Word.
- Ability to work directly with senior management, various business unit staff, internal attorneys and other legal department staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to represent the company and legal department in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Background and drug screen.
- Two (2) years Associates Degree or higher.
- Understanding of sales and procurement contract terms and contract administration practices.
- Additional related legal experience preferred.
- Microsoft SharePoint.