|Site Reliability Operations Engineer SRE
Our company is moving into the IT Automation space, and we are in need of a skilled site reliability engineer to join our team. The successful applicant will be responsible for working closely with our engineering team and application partners to improve the delivery, reliability and performance of our infrastructure solutions and drive us toward more automated delivery practices.
If you have previous experience as a Site Reliability or DevOps Engineer (and are passionate about solving problems from the network level all the way through the application stack) this is an opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the an effort that is at the heart of our IT environment.
Principal Job Responsibilities
- Solidify the vision and coordinate efforts of the Infrastructure Automation team
- Build and extend our automation tools for infrastructure provisioning, auto-scaling, code deployment and failover, with an eye toward scalability and performance
- Works to transition our current IT Operations environment (Linux and Windows) to be more standardized and automated
- Partners with enterprise architects, platform SMEs, application developers, and network teams to deliver results
- 5+ years working in a multi-platform enterprise environment
- Use modern automation and configuration management tools and be able to explain automation concepts and practices for hybrid cloud infrastructure in detail
- Previous experience with enterprise systems orchestration tools, preferably VMware vRealize Suite (VRA, VRO)
- Previous experience coding extensible solutions and pipeline delivery through CI/CD tools.
- Knowledge of automated IT builds for Linux and Windows systems (provision and de-provision).
- Experience designing, analyzing, and improving processes and workflows, with an eye toward efficiency
- Familiar with source code control; infrastructure-as-code management
- Strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Automation enthusiast (doesn't like to see the same manual task done twice)
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
- Ability to debug and analyze problems quickly; systematic problem solving approach
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new skills effectively
- Ability to multitask and retain a high attention to detail
- Understanding of network protocols and file systems (optional)
- Experience with high performance computing development and administration (optional)
- Familiarity with systems configuration management and monitoring technologies (optional)
||BS /MS in Computer Science or related field (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)DEV