| Job Description
The telecommunications engineer II position is responsible for supporting day to day operations in the Oklahoma City contact center. Typical duties involve monitoring service request and incident queues, assisting in large scale move, add, and change work, managing inventory, and maintaining procedural documentation. This position is also responsible for providing hands and feet support to other IT operations teams such as Network, Video, and platform.
Essential Function and Principle Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Installs, operates, administers, and maintains hardware and software for a variety of telecommunications systems primarily Avaya and NICE.
- Provides customer training on basic feature and functionality of telecommunications hardware and software.
- Provides local Teir-2 troubleshooting support to Operations Bridge staff on escalated incidents.
- Provides local Teir-2 MACD support to Operations Bridge staff during periods of high volume such as large scale moves.
- Partners with and provides support to project stakeholders in understanding and clarifying user requirements.
- Experience with Avaya Communications Manager
- Experience with at least two of the following adjunct systems: CMS, AAM, ACM, SAL, NICE, Symon, RedSky, or AES
Education and Job Experience
- Strong background in cabling infrastructure
- Knowledge of Networking and Video systems (Cisco and Polycom)
- 5+ years of experience on Avaya core systems
- 5+ years of experience on Avaya adjunct systems
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to work in a remote location with limited supervision