Due to the nature of the work that this team does, we need the following:
1. Should have software development experience in the past including building APIs
2. Should have built or be familiar with distributed systems . Understanding Hybrid Integration architecture is a plus
3. Understand Software Development Life cycle
4. Understand API Life cycle
5. Preferably doe some architecture work as well
So, the ideal candidate would be a person who used to be a developer, and then transitioned at some point to a PO/PM role in a very technical product.
- Your primary focus will be on complimenting the current team for our API Management solution developing and validating detailed requirements. You will spend a significant a portion of your time working closely with the R&D teams and UX, writing detailed EPICs, designing mockups, collaborating on User Stories creation and grooming. You will help the other Product Managers deliver on their customer value objectives.
- Work with the PM team to translate our company and solution strategy into a prioritised roadmap, gaining buy-in from internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, support, R&D) and most importantly from customers.
- Understand our customers through research and regular interactions with them so that you can effectively communicate their challenges and goals to the development teams both verbally and via use cases.
- Validate your proposed product features with customers, both in terms of how to execute them and priority.
- Retrospect new features and the entire product with the PM team so that we continuously improve our decision-making and rectify bad decisions quickly.
- Drive efficiency: Ensure that what you design and build with engineering has re-use across the company, build flexible solutions, rationalise existing services, modify and reuse when
- Own the quality of your product, both in terms of robustness and user-experience
- Ideally, you've built a SaaS offering in your previous roles. You will have experience of continuous deployment and enjoyed the satisfaction of your work being in the hands of end users quickly.
- Proven design experience. The UX of our products are key to success.
- Ability to turn the complex into the simple. You must be able to understand the problems of highly technical customers and translate their needs into well-defined stories for our development teams.
- Knowledge of and some hands-on experience designing Consumer APIs and validating same with customers
- You must have proven expertise developing evidence-based qualitative customer insights.
- You make data-driven decisions and can clearly explain the rationale and principles behind them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (excellent working knowledge of English is essential).
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural, cross-functional, geographically-distributed environment.
- You have a passion for learning and constantly seek to improve your knowledge and skill set.
- 3+ years of progressive product leadership with a reputation of delighting customers, meeting tight deadlines, and fostering collaborative working relationships with engineering.
- Bachelor degree or comparable academic training in User-Centred Design, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems.
- Master of Science or comparable post-graduate academic training, a plus.
- You will score bonus points if you can show any of the following:
- Background with direct responsibility as a user experience designer, business analyst, presales consultant, or technical support engineer.
- Knowledge of cloud services - AWS and Azure
- API design best practice and API security