|General Summary of Position:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform Architect is a member of the SAAS and Cloud Platform team that is responsible for the management and configuration of the mission critical Cloud & SAAS solutions with responsibility for Installation, Planning, DevOps, Deployment and maintenance.
Summary of Duties
Experience and Education
- Architect, deploy & maintain SAAS & Azure Cloud solutions for applications
- Complement a high-performance team with your unique talents for innovative cloud solutions
- Participate in systems design to marry business needs with proper technology (must be able to communicate in business terms)
- Ensure proper integration between software applications and infrastructure architecture
- Ensure solutions are maintained for high availability, scalability, security, and supportability
- Oversee information systems security safeguards
- Facilitate change control, maintenance, and incident response
- Enable effective integration between Development and Operations
- 5+ years of experience in a solutions architect or similar role; 2+ years focused on cloud environments and their supporting infrastructures
- Strong understanding of cloud computing technology and infrastructure as well as experience designing and migrating applications to the cloud.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges, solutions, and the value proposition of Cloud-based architectures to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience supporting both Microsoft and Open Source stack Linux, Jboss, Java etc..
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Deployments, Environment & Services (IAAS, PAAS, Virtual Machines, Active Directory, Automation, Monitor, OMS) highly preferred
- Experience in the design and automation of Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines, cloud services, web sites, data services etc.
- 8 + years supporting Mission critical applications within a hosted, SaaS delivery model
- Maintain infrastructure standards which will include software & hardware life cycle, system configuration policies, security, hardening, high availability, DR etc. using automation.
- Identify gaps and drive solutions for critical infrastructure platforms
- Experience with high throughput, scalable, systems.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database systems.
- Advanced skills diagnosing and resolving issues independently and as part of a team
- Continuous Deployment, Automation, Chef, Puppet a plus
- Degree in Computer Technology or equivalent experience
- Information systems security certification a plus (e.g. Security +, CISSP)
- A passion for leveraging technology to improve client experience
- Microsoft Azure or AWS
- IIS, .NET, Linux, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
- F5, Citrix NetScaler, DNS, Cisco ASA
- Citrix, Microsoft RD Gateway