| Purpose of the Job
Performs programming and maintenance on various programs and systems based on customer business requirements. Programmer II and Programmer III roles may be combined with SCRUM development responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Review production and operating policies to ensure that the most efficient processes are in place and determine tactical plans to improve processes and services that can be streamlined and/or improved.
- Define and implement quality assurance procedures for all assigned activities. Implement quality assurance measures to check adherence to assure continuity, including across lines-of-business when appropriate.
- Assume leadership role in initiating and completing projects related to increased efficiencies, productivity, and quality.
- With management, establish and meet short- and long-term department goals in accordance with overall company objectives and divisional strategic planning.
- Develop staff, including the development and maintenance of training materials for new and existing staff, establishing performance goals, regular follow up with staff and year-end performance evaluations.
- Ensure service level agreements are established, monitored and managed effectively. Implement action plans to resolve any issues preventing the area from meeting goals.
- Review and consult on the design and content of projects to ensure consistency.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Preferred Work Experience
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (Applies to All Levels)
||Experience in programming, query design, and database development
||Experience in project management
||SCRUM Master experience facilitating one or more AGILE teams
- Bachelor's Degree in computer technology, business, or related field (Applies to All Levels)
Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Technical Certifications in programming languages (Applies to All Levels)
Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Knowledge of query design and ad-hoc report creation tools.
- Mathematics analysis and inductive reasoning skills.
- Programming languages and coding ability sufficient to meet the requirements at each level of responsibility, as defined in departmental documentation.
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design, structured programming, data mapping, and testing.
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions.
- Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Ability to take appropriate risks, using available data.
Preferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment.
Preferred Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Intermediate skills with spreadsheet, flowcharting, presentation, word processing, and database software.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with database, programming, and documentation.
- Knowledge of HIPAA security and privacy standards.
- Ability to work with ambiguous and conflicting information while keeping focused on the end goal.