||Client : Synechron / Transamerica
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Role: Java Architect
Experience: Min 15 Years. Out of which at least 10~12 years in development with a strong background of 5~6 years Architectural experience in various enterprise wide applications.
- Active Involvement in process of building new IT strategy for client. That involves meetings, knowledge sharing / brain storming sessions, paper presentation etc.
- Preparing and publishing various reports for the C level executives of the company regarding application platform development and current and future state.
- Designing of new Enterprise application that should accommodate existing application inventory.
- Provide consultation to Business Head, IT Head on strategic planning and decision making for new application development for different LOBs, different devices or platforms.
- Design and provide architecture diagrams whenever needed for any application.
- Architect level skills on the technology areas of Microsoft stack. That includes latest .net frameworks like .net core / .net 4.5 etc.
- Expertise in Java and Java Enterprise technologies stack. That includes Java, Sprint MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernet, Struts, etc.
- Experience with embeded servers such as Embeded TomCat
- Experience with servers such as WebLogic, JBoss
- Experience with webservices, RESTFul, SOAP, JAX-RS, ESB
- Experience with build tools like Gradle, Maven, ANT
- Experience with advance Java script frameworks Angular 6.0/5.0/4.0
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Experience with Source Control systems such as GitHub, SVN
- Databases like Oracle, SQL Server, Mongo DB
- Good knowledge on Continuous Development with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) and tools such as Jenkins
- Excellent knowledge about design and implementation of applications for Cloud, specifically AWS and preferred knowledge of MS Azure.
- Exposure to Enterprise Architecture framework such as, Zachman, TOGAF
Nice to have:
- Analytical skills on business requirements to discuss with the various stakeholders and business application users to understand their pain areas.