|one year contract role
work is onsite in El Segundo CA (no remote option)
local candidates only (or relocate at your own expense)
US Citizen and GC candidates
We are looking for people that have been in the role of Solution Architect or Software Architect; people with a passion for technology and the desire to learn and grow, architect and design enterprise software and solutions. Predominantly working on R and python programming projects. Someone with Data Science tools implementation experience involving hand-on experience on linux, R, Scala and Python programming. Hands on experience on SAS is preferred.
You will provide hands-on leadership, do analysis, and provide developing/coding and designing for complex applications. A strong analytical experience is important. Great communication skills are essential, and a technical degree is quite helpful. Someone with AWS services implementation experience would be a preferred candidate.
What You Need for this Position
- At least 8 years of hands-on experience in architecture, design or development of enterprise applications and integrations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience coding R in an academic or professional setting.
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience in AWS implementations and working knowledge of AMI implementations.
- Preferred experience in creating custom AMI's for software in Amazon AWS
- Experience in deploying production-level Shiny apps (RConnect experience preferred)
- Experience in package creation and curation.
- Experience in working concurrently on programming tasks
- Experience and well understanding of SAS Analytics software
- Preferred experience in SAS to R migration projects
- Knowledge of architecture and design patterns and the ability to apply them.
- -Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new business domains and technologies.
- -Strong problem solving skills.
- -Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Hands-on experience with modern web Analytics and Data science applications and enterprise application development platforms (example: H2O, rStudio).
- -Prior consulting experience with mid-large size firms is a plus!
- Machine Learning,SAS & Amazon AWS services
Deploy software on AWS using the AMI provided by 3rd party analytics vendors
- Participate in strategy and road map exercises, architecture definition, product selection, application and integration design.
- Seeking candidate who have been in key roles in large projects: Technical Lead / Lead Architect.
- Participate and provide technical leadership in all phases of a project from discovery and planning through implementation and delivery.
- Wear many hats and gain experience with tools, technologies and platforms across many technology stacks.
- Work closely and share ideas with fellow Architects, Developers and Technical Project Managers.
- Learn new things, and grow rapidly from constant exposure to innovative ideas, concepts, and pattern.
- Write original code and refactor legacy code to provide better performance and easier updates in the future.
- Create data visualizations utilizing base R .
- Assist in deployment of Shiny and RConnect apps.
- Create and publish the various tools into R packages for internal use (and, where appropriate, public use such as via CRAN or Github)
- Create a execution plan for SAS to R Migration
- Manage the internal rCloud analytics platform releases and application support
- Drive the implementation of new R & python libraries on rCloud platform
- Build implementation architecture diagrams for next generation data science & analytics tools
- Build prototype analytics environments on Hadoop ( Hortonworks preferred)