|Purpose of the Job
Leads corporate projects, which may cover multiple business areas and multiple systems. Provides support for various definitional portions of the project, including scope, business requirements, reporting and testing. Reports progress to the defined management team of the project as well as the direct line reporting. Contributes to the improvement of the Corporate Project Office team by participating in continuous improvement activities and leading through innovation.
Required Work Experience
- 8 years of experience in a professional environment leveraging computer technology and/or information systems and 3 years in project management
Preferred Work Experience
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
- 8 years of progressive experience coordinating and managing projects
- Master's Degree in Business or Information Systems, or demonstrable finance & accounting
LEVEL 3 - GUIDE AND SHAPE: Performs job functions in a lead capacity with general management oversight
- Agile Practitioner or Project Management Professional
- Lean Enterprise / Continuous Improvement Certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
LEAD shape and mentor: Performs job functions in a lead capacity with general management oversight and holds lead responsibilities
- Contribute to the further development & maturity of CPM process, tools, and methodology through innovation and continuous improvement.
- Provide input for team member performance reviews.
- Oversee development and implementation of Information Technology practices and policies
- Assist management in production support and project resource planning.
- Infuse projects with continuous improvement / lean /6 Sigma as appropriate
- Evaluate high-level project information and assess project components to forecast work effort required
- Ensure Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met
- Provide peer-level review and mentoring to levels 1 and 2
- Lead, instruct, direct and check the work of other team members.
- Provide input and participate in team member performance reviews
- Lead identification, design and implementation of improvements for the efficient and effective performance of the department.
- Assist Manager in the day-to-day operations of the department, as needed.
- Develop staff, including the development and maintenance of training materials for new and existing staff, establishing performance goals and regular follow-up with staff.
- Develop, improve and maintain an effective onboarding strategy for new project managers and coordinators.
Required Job Skills
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Participate in corporate quality and data governance programs
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Required Professional Competencies
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database, project management, and word processing software
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles, methodoogies, and implementation
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Suites, Windows Server, and networking applications
- Strong understanding of systems best practices and quality improvement principles.
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Communication with multiple levels of management
- Effective risk and issue management
- Exposure to the health care or health insurance industry
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Perserverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Creativity and innovative problem-solving abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Systems research and analysis. Ability to write and present business documentation
- Experience working with and managing third parties
- Extensive experience and judgment necessary to plan and accomplish goals.
- Knowledge of business requirements development and user acceptance testing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Analytical knowledge to generate reports based on available data and make decisions based on reported data
Preferred Job Skills
- Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels of management within the Corporation.
- Build synergy with a diverse team in an ever changing environment.
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Advanced skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Advanced PC proficiency
- Advanced knowledge of Business Objects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Suites, Windows Server, and Microsoft SQL databases.
- Advanced knowledge of decision support systems
- Intermediate knowledge of BCBSAZ applications
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Impeccable project management skills
- Solid technical ability and problem solving skills
- knowledge of internal departments and operations
- Strong technical documentation skills and a strong ability to translate technical concepts so that they are easily understood by laymen.
- Mentor team members and peers
- Ability to build lesson plan's and deliver lessons to team member