|Reference #||20-00183||Title||Data Warehouse Cloud Architect|
|Start Date / End Date||16-03-2020 --- 16-09-2020|
The ideal candidate will bring first-hand experience designing and deploying cloud-based solutions as well as analyzing and migrating the existing data warehouse infrastructure to a Microsoft Azure Synapse environment.
- Engage collaboratively with Client's team members as well as third party vendors to assist with developing cloud-migration and application modernization roadmaps for applications.
- Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost-effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT cloud infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Presentation of cloud solutions to both business and technical audiences - including the ability to present to senior leadership.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to systems analysts, IT cloud engineers, and other systems architects.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of Client's existing data warehouse architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Develop a data warehouse cloud infrastructure.
- Develop a cloud technology standards policy.
- Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end IT cloud-integrated systems.
- Develop and execute test plans to check IT cloud infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Work to modify, test, and implement existing ETL process in a cloud based environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, system analysis, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Associate level Cloud Architecture Certification from a major Cloud Services Provider
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Excellent understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage.
- Firm understanding of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and NoSQL.
- Knowledge of message queuing and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Understanding of different consistency models in distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks (CDN).
- Experience with core LAN/WAN network technologies.
- Experience with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP and the OSI Network Model.
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON.
- Familiarity with both waterfall and agile software development lifecycle.
- Work experience with information and application security concepts, mechanisms, and tools.
- Awareness of end-user computing and collaborative technologies.
- Large-scale distributed systems architecture.
- Cloud based system performance tuning.
- Information and application security concepts including public-key encryption, remote access, access credentials, and certificate-based authentication.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience working in an Azure cloud environment
- Knowledge of Informatica ETL software