|Reference #||20-00081||Title||Cloud Architect|
|Start Date / End Date||24-02-2020 --- 31-12-2020|
Are you a cloud architect that enjoys helping teams build cloud-based software while also enjoying growing your cloud skills with hands-on experience? If so, then this role is a great opportunity for you. You will be a central hub for cloud architecture and design with a broad scope that includes applications, infrastructure, automation, data, and security. While we are primarily focused on AWS, Client has a multi-cloud strategy that will require the services of Azure and GCP as well. We need an AWS expert that has deep knowledge of cloud technologies and has experience or is interested in learning about and working with multiple cloud services.
You will be a leader to multiple teams and expected to guide their decisions and actions in building out our cloud foundation and applications, requiring you to have excellent communication skills, a natural inclination to teach others about cloud technologies, and patience with teams that experience cloud-related technology for the first time. Often you will need to help write automation, especially AWS Cloud Formation templates and Ansible playbooks. You may also need to help teams design and write AWS Lambda functions in Python and/or Java. Since we are an applications development organization, you should have experience and be adept at software development, including excellent knowledge of build and development pipelines for use in implementing CI/CD. At the same time, we understand the need to keep up with the rapid pace of change in cloud services and to explore technologies/tools that are new to you or that you want to understand more deeply. A ravenous appetite for learning and experimenting with cloud technologies is required to excel in this role!
We use Agile methods to manage our work and you are expected to be adept at Agile practices and help teams develop their stories and define their tasks. As the cloud architect, you will work with teams to help organize and define the work while also working with the project management team to help organize and guide the planning needed to coordinate the many teams involved in the project.
A TYPICAL DAY INCLUDES:
- Work closely with application and infrastructure teams to define unified architecture
- Provide guidance to teams on cloud-based metrics, monitoring, alerting, and incident response.
- Review application and infrastructure architecture and designs
- Discuss requirements of cloud systems with application, infrastructure, security, and other team members
- Create/revise architecture diagrams, high-level design documents, and document processes needed
- Create documents that describe the functionality and choices for architectures and designs
- Create or assist in creating high level design documents for cloud-based systems
- Assist with identification of risks and mitigations in security reviews
- Support, promote, and ensure consistent alignment to IT standards, processes and tools
- Work closely with build and development pipeline team on architecture and design
- Create documents to specify cloud-related processes, standards, and policies
- Participate in Cloud Center of Excellence activities such Cloud Advisory Council meetings
- Participate in Agile process, including definition of product backlog, backlog grooming, and sprint planning
AS A VALUED MEMBER OF OUR COMMUNITY, YOU WILL:
- Grow: Achieve career growth by continuously developing your skills through on-the-job experience, exposure to others and formal education opportunities
- Collaborate: You will be a part of an organization dedicated to Client members and one another.
- Join a team who seeks out and incorporates different perspectives to drive towards better results
- Work at a place where you are encouraged to actively display empathy and concern for our customers
- Volunteer: You'll have the opportunity to receive paid time off to participate in community volunteer service projects.
- Work at a place that has been named one of the 50 Most Community-minded Companies in America for 3 years running
- Experience a culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. 8 company-wide Employee Resource Groups address themes like military appreciation, ethnic heritage and LGBTQ+ Pride.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing applications in AWS
- 5+ years of experience in software development of commercial products
- Experience programming in at least one of Python, Java, C++, C#, or Node.js
- Experience in developing and operating cloud-based applications
- Strong cloud-based architecture and design skills
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in team using Agile methods
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
- Strong knowledge of public cloud services and technologies
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems architecture
- Experience building highly scalable, reliable, and available systems
- Experience with build and development pipeline tools
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and AWS Cloud Formation