|Reference #||20-00060||Title||Program Manager - Cloud|
|Start Date / End Date||10-02-2020 --- 31-12-2020|
You should be adept at both Agile practices of Scrum and Kanban as well traditional project management. The teams manage their work using Agile methods such as Scrum and Kanban while the program should be managed using more traditional project management techniques in order to communicate program progress and status to the organization's leadership and help manage cross-team dependencies. In this role you may need to assist teams in following Agile practices, collaborate with Scrum Master to organize and guide Scrum of Scrums, and other activities in an effort to help the teams organize their work and collaborate on their efforts.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
Provide leadership and motivation to program team leaders and members throughout the project life cycle and collaboratively outline work plan.
Act as a coach to project managers, managers, executives and others who need assistance and advice regarding Agile methods, program, and project management practices.
Establish a work plan and staffing for program and project activities, iterations, and collaboratively arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and allotment of available departmental resources to various project phases.
Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
Implement program communication plan.
Conduct risk assessment and mitigation.
Monitor program and project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and "look and feel across the organization.
Ensure that program and project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
Collaborate with management to assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel.
Prepare program status reports and review reports prepared by project personnel, and modify schedules or plans as required.
Establish standards and procedures for program and project reporting and documentation.
Collaborate with project teams to continuously benchmark program and project management performance to identify improvements and achieve higher capability maturity in project and portfolio management.
- Bachelor's degree in project management, business management, information technology or related field
- 3+ years of experience managing at least 2 programs
- 2+ years of experience managing traditional projects
- 1+ years of experience managing Agile projects
- Experience using Scrum and Kanban Agile practices
- Strong planning and resource management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Certified Scrum Master
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Program Management Professional (PgMP) Certification
- Strong knowledge of public cloud services and technologies
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle