The Digital Product Management (DPM) team at CLIENT'S IG defines and drives towards delivering the vision of our consumer- and agent-facing web applications from inception to launch, and throughout the product lifecycle.
DPM is responsible for setting the product strategy based on various inputs, including: stakeholder needs, market research/trends, user insights, and data analytics. We maintain the feature roadmap and ensure user stories are clearly written and backlogs are prioritized, while acting as the liaison between business and engineering/delivery teams.
TheBusiness Analyst partners with the Digital Product Manager to understand the overall vision and strategy for one or more products within the Purchase Experience suite: Corporate Website, Marketing Landing Pages, Online Quote and External Raters (Consumer/Agent). They help translate this vision into features and capabilities, working with the scrum team to deliverfrom inception to launch.
- Drives and helps prioritize day-to-day activities/operations required to deliver features/capabilities with the scrum team (e.g. prioritize the backlog, facilitate backlog grooming, run sprint demos and complete business validation).
- Partners closely with the product manager, as well as business and technology stakeholders, typically on a project-by-project basis, to help define feature requirements, understand level of effort, and make recommendations on release dates
- Where appropriate, partners closely with UI/UX designers to create seamless user experiences
- Synthesizes user research, product analytics, and market data to help the product team make well-informed product decisions
- Ensures the business rules/logic associated with a product are documented and maintained
- Writes user stories, defines acceptance criteria, and help define and document testing requirements (e.g, regression suites, test cases) for one or more scrum teams.
- Troubleshoots issues with external vendors and internal technology partners.
- 5+ years business analysis or similar experience, with at least 2 years in digital experience
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Adept systems thinker who is able to elicit and communicate understanding of the variables that impact business unit performance
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communication as well as visualizations.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others and move toward consensus.
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to think creatively and to drive innovation.
- Knowledge of insurance business and processes, and expertise in how insurance systems support the high-level business processes
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Consumer-facing digital experience